UCLH provides first-class acute and specialist services in five hospitals in central London.
- University College Hospital (incorporating the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Wing, University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre, the Institute of Sport and Exercise Health and Westmoreland Street)
- Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital
- Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Eastman Dental Hospital
Our mission is to deliver top-quality patient care, excellent education and world-class research.
At University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH) our success starts with you.
We want you to come to UCLH and stay at UCLH because our success starts with you. All of our staff have been involved in developing our values. We believe that they make UCLH a better place for patients and staff alike.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest and most successful Foundation Trusts in the UK with an international reputation and a tradition of innovation.
Many of our services operate from new or newly refurbished facilities including the University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre which opened in 2012. So, why join UCLH…?
- We have a reputation as a centre of clinical excellence
- Our hospitals are in great central London locations
- We have new facilities and state-of-the-art medical technology
- We have a wide range of career opportunities
Based in the busy West End of London, we have a lively and vibrant working atmosphere, with quick and easy transport links to all our sites. Our size and resources enable us to offer a range of attractive benefits as well as unparalleled education and development opportunities for staff at all levels. This includes an extensive portfolio of academic and clinical courses and programmes ranging from ongoing personal development through to clinical excellence and leadership skills. UCLH prides itself on its investment in staff both in terms of developing career skills but also its commitment to staff health and wellbeing.Work for the UK’s top NHS trust
UCLH offers a range of specialties and job roles, which means that you can spend your entire career here. Working in a lively and vibrant environment with new facilities and state-of-the-art medical technology, you can be confident you can develop your skills.
Delivering top-quality services depends on our ability to recruit and keep good staff. A vital part of this is that we support your career progression. We continually invest in learning and development opportunities that are tailored to individuals' needs.
As a central London trust, we’re based in one of the most expensive areas of the UK. That’s why it’s important that we pay staff as much as we can reasonably afford. To demonstrate our commitment in this area, we became the first NHS employer in the capital to sign up as a London Living Wage Employer.
The UCLH Institute is the “home of learning”, providing multi-professional opportunities for staff to learn and enhance their knowledge and skills. On arrival, our new starters will attend our innovative induction, accessing the UCLH Learning Portal to complete mandatory and essential for role training. A full range of UCLH Institute opportunities can be found here.
We strive to create a healthy working environment, where teamwork is valued. Staff are encouraged to give and receive feedback, and to listen to and respect each other. However we know that life isn't all about work so we offer other benefits to help you maintain a work-life balance. These include:
- Staff education, training and development
- Travel season ticket loans
- Flexible working
- Single person accommodation within walking distance of hospital sites
- Attractive NHS pension scheme
- Childcare support, provision and advice
- A staff psychological and welfare service
- A central London location
- The 52 Club - a sports and social club for UCLH staff
- Paid annual leave