+ Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, NNP, Full or Part Time
* 620 John Paul Jones Cir, Portsmouth, VA 23708, USA
Godwin Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO M/F/Disability/Veterans www.godwincorp.com
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, NNP Full Time or Part Time Opportunity at Naval Medical Center (NMC) Portsmouth, VA
Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care providers at NMC Portsmouth and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Elevate your career by applying for our Full or Part Time NNP opportunities in support of NMC Portsmouth!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full and Part Time Positions, Various Shifts/Schedules!
* PTO! 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* NO Call!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
CORE NNP DUTIES: Include, but are not limited to the following:
* Provide comprehensive medical assessment, examination, consultation, diagnosis, and treatment plan for neonates, under the direction of a staff Pediatrician.
* Provide medical management of neonates in the Nursery and Level II Nursery and other areas to include neonatal resuscitation, conventional ventilation, stabilize and maintain Level III care prior to transport, prescription of medications (including controlled substances), to treat neonatal medical disorders, under direction of a staff Pediatrician.
* Request and interpret laboratory tests, electrocardiograms, and radiographic procedures, and other tests as needed under the direction of staff Pediatricians.
* Perform procedures including sedation, endotracheal intubation, routine phlebotomy, arterial phlebotomy, percutaneous central venous line placement, umbilical line placement, lumbar puncture, suprapubic bladder taps, bladder catheterization, needle thoracentesis, chest tube placement, circumcision as deemed appropriate under the Government supervision of the staff Pediatrician.
* Attend routine and high-risk deliveries as a member of the Resuscitation Team and perform Neonatal Resuscitation.
* Provide medical care to neonates awaiting transport to other facilities and from other higher level of care neonatal intensive care units (NICUs), under direction of a staff Pediatrician.
* Provide outpatient care for routine well baby appointments and NICU follow-up appointments.
* Education: 1) Possess a Master's, Post-Master's or Doctorate degree from an advanced practice nursing program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). 2) Have successfully completed at least twelve (12) contact hours of continuing NNP education within the preceding twenty four (24) months which maintains skills and knowledge as a NNP.
* Experience: 1) Possess a minimum of one (1) year of full-time experience as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner within the preceding two (2) years. 2) Possess a minimum of one (1) year broad experience as a Nurse Practitioner in Level 3 NICUs and experience in both the newborn nursery and delivery room setting within the last two (2) years.
* Licensure: 1) Possess a current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse and advance practice nurse in one (1) of the fifty (50) states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
* Board Certification: Possess and maintain current certification as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner from the National Certification Corporation (NCC)
* Life Support Certifications: Possess the following Life Support Certifications from the American Heart Associations: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and an approved Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification (NRP).
* Additional Requirement: Provide two (2) letters of recommendation written within the last two (2) years attesting to the HCW's clinical skills. At least one (1) letter must be from a physician or nurse who has personally observed and evaluated the HCW and who can attest to the HCW's clinical competence in the care of patients. The other letter may be from a clinic or hospital administrator, physician or nurse who has personal knowledge of the HCW's patient care skills in a similar clinical environment. Reference letters shall attest to the HCW's communication skills and ability to relate to patients as well as professional and other interpersonal skills among staff members and must include name, title, phone number, date of reference, address and signature of the individual providing reference. Letters of recommendation must have been written within the preceding three (3) years.
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
* Duty Hours: The NICU is open 365 days, twenty four (24) hours a day. NMC Portsmouth NICU requires NNP Full Time and/or Part Time coverage services Sunday through Saturday.
* Place of Performance: The work to be performed will be in support of Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA (NMCP). The primary site of service shall be located in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).