Our Client is a speciality chemicals distributor. They are now seeking an Account Manager – Industrial Chemicals (Inks, Coatings, Resins, Paints, Epoxies and Polyurethanes).
This position will be home based with regular travel throughout North West England. This role sits within the Industrial Division and reports to the Northern Field Sales Manager
The primary function of the Account Manager (North West England) is to maximise sales, increase the customer base and develop new markets in the North West of England. The successful candidate will be self-motivated enough to manage their own workflow and to manage a portfolio of accounts and tasks:
External Sales & Business Development Activity
* Promote and sell the complete range of products and services to both existing and new customers via customer visits, email & telephone as appropriate, travelling as and when required within the territory, to head office and occasionally abroad
* Take full responsibility for own accounts, acting as a key point of contact between the company and its customers by answering technical and commercial enquiries
* Develop and nurture opportunities for the product range within the territory, including introducing new products or Principals
* Confidently and proactively contact customers to provide technical / commercial information and convert to profitable sales
* Handle multiple enquiries and follow-ups simultaneously, with differing timescales and resolutions
* Plan and execute as required: sales visits, product presentations, maintaining accurate records, attending trade exhibitions, conferences, sales meetings and training
Internal Sales & Business Development Activity
* Collaborating with the Northern Field Sales Manager, Sales Director & Business Development function, establish and implement sales plans for the North West of England sales area
* Negotiate sales pricing in consultation with line manager and Commercial Manager
* Maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
* Prepare reports, presentations, forecasts and figures for internal and external use
* Support marketing activities, e.g. support the organisation of seminars, webinars etc.
* Undertake professional development training when appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience
Cultural fit for this role is essential; this is a small team where ideas and proactivity are required from every member. We are looking for a self-motivated, organised salesperson, who is happy to go above and beyond, whether the task falls into sales, marketing, technical or business development.
The successful candidate will have:
* Chemistry or Materials Science graduate (or similar / equivalent)
* A strong desire to excel at delivering sales growth in chemical markets
* Experience of working within a technical environment, ideally with Inks, Coatings, Resins, Paints, Epoxies and Polyurethanes
* A willingness to learn and develop business acumen and commercial knowledge
* Friendly, efficient customer service attitude both face to face and via the phone
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Comfortable and confident when presenting to customers and colleagues
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* The ability to listen and interpret customer needs
* Forward-thinking & proactive attitude to problem solving
* Situated within the North West of England
* Fluent in English, in both verbal and written communication
* Highly proficient at Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
* Have a full UK driving licence
In return, our Client is offering a salary of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum basic plus car, bonus and benefits.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd
Complex Problem Solving