Account Manager – Microscopy (AH049)
£35K - £40K Basic (dependent upon experience) + Up to £20K Bonus + £7K Travel Allowance + Private Healthcare + Up to 8% Matched Pension + 27 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Benefits
Do you have a Life Sciences based degree but realised a life in the lab certainly isn't for you? The thought of spending all day with just your bench for company not particularly enticing?
Do you want to utilise those excellent interpersonal skills you've gained from the bar/restaurant/shop/insert other customer facing role here, but in a scientific capacity? Then this is the role for you!
We are currently partnering with a global leader in digital imaging instrumentation with a market-leading reputation in their sector due to their relentless commitment to quality and innovation. With a truly international presence spanning over 4 continents, the career development opportunities really are endless.
As an Account Manager – Microscopy, you will be responsible for:
• Frequently travelling around London to sell a myriad of microscopes
• Targeting customers ranging from academic laboratories to hospitals to private organisations
• Travelling to customer sites to develop and nurture existing relationships
• Taking responsibility for the microscopy range, identifying and targeting opportunities for sales
• Spending 80% of your time growing and developing existing customer accounts
• Forging solid relationships with key decision makers including Directors, Technical Managers, Laboratory Managers etc
• Handling both technical and commercial enquiries from the customer base
• Networking and collaborating with suppliers to support customers’ needs
• Identifying and qualifying potential customers and new business opportunities.
Due to the technical nature of the role, a degree (or equivalent) in a Life Sciences subject (Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology etc) is essential as is an understanding of a variety of microscopes and their associated software.
You will ideally possess experience selling scientific products to manufacturers or distributors (but this is not essential) and will be confident in engaging with customers at a multitude of levels.
Other key skills include:
• Self-motivated, driven and ambitious
• Able to operate autonomously
• Competent user of Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication skills
Keywords: Microscopy, Microscopes, Microscopy, Confocal, Fluorescence, Light Microscopes, Brightfield, Hardware, Software, Life Science, Biology, Biomedical Science, Bioscience, Cell Imaging, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Biological Sciences, Biotechnology, Life Science, Technical Sales, Sales Representative, Business Development, Account Management, Account Manager, Scientific Sales, Scientific Account Management
- Account Management
- Biomedical Sciences