£9.55 - £9.85 / hour
Rewarding in every way
Make a real difference to the lives of our residents and build the skills for a rewarding career in care.
About the role
We`re looking for an Activities Assistant/Co-ordinator to join our team and help run a varied activities programme for our residents. It`ll be your job to make sure our programme runs smoothly, involving the residents, their families and other team members to make sure each and every activity is a success. It`s about being enthusiastic and creative, making the residents feel included but also stimulated and challenged. On top of this, you`ll be supported by our dedicated activities team and receive great benefits and our exceptional facilities.
You`ll also help communicate upcoming activities to residents and volunteers, so everyone is on the same page. When it comes to trips and outings, you`ll be responsible for the residents` safety and wellbeing. Above all, you`ll play a key part in helping our residents retain a sense of purpose and self-worth, bringing joy to their lives in an environment of safety, trust and respect.
We`re looking for people who are active, energetic and passionate about helping others. You`ll want to go above and beyond to help our residents` life live to the full while underpinning everything you do with a safe, responsible approach.
For this role, successful candidates will have:
- Experience of supporting, organising and scheduling programmes of events or activities
- Great organisation skills, listening skills, good written, non-verbal and verbal communication skills
- The ability to lead and motivate volunteers
- Knowledge of safety regulations and quality assurance
- Previous experience working within a care home and with older people is desirable
Why should you work for us?
As well as a competitive salary we offer some great benefits including:
- 28 days holiday
- Ongoing career training and development
- A fantastic range of discounts and offers on from many high street/ online retailers
- Workplace Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Recognising great work through our `Heart & Soul` awards scheme
- Wellbeing services, financial loans and more.
We`re also committed to helping you progress and grow, with regular training and supervision, development opportunities and study support. If you want to build a successful career in care, we`re the best place to start.
To find out more about what it`s like to work at a Sunrise care home click here
How to apply:
If this sounds like a job for you, and you are interested in applying for this vacancy we would like to hear from you, please click the `apply now` button and one of our team will be in contact with you very soon.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Activities assistant - Guildford