Cygnet Hospital Salford Lodge, Radcliffe Park Crescent, Salford, Manchester, M6 7WQ
£8.50 rising to £8.65 following 6 month probation
45 hours per week which may include some evenings and weekend
Cygnet Lodge Salford is our new 24 bed high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for women. The service supports individuals with a primary diagnosis of mental illness, but they may also have a complex secondary diagnosis, including a personality disorder. This new service is opening in January 2020 and referrals are now being accepted.
The Occupational Therapy team offers a supportive environment with a strong emphasis on training and further education. The team is highly valued in this setting and their role in service user recovery is essential.
We are looking for an individual who is:
Passionate about occupation and its role in mental health
Able and willing to work flexibly, to meet the needs of the service
Passionate about working with this client group
Has a good understanding of inpatient services
Experience in group facilitation
NVQ level qualified or relevant experience
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POST:
• Assist the Occupational Therapist in providing rehabilitation services for patients through purposeful and meaningful occupations in group and one to one settings.
• Monitor the patients and understand their health issues and requirements and make sure that they are provided necessary support.
• Help patients in working through the rehabilitative interventions as directed by the occupational therapist.
• To produce and maintain clear and accurate clinical documentation.
We’ll offer you:
You will be supported in your personal and professional development via clinical supervision, training and other Continuing Professional Development opportunities
• An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
• Flexible working with opportunity for overtime
• Regular coaching & appraisal
• Expert supervision & peer support
• DBS paid
• Employee referral scheme
• Employee discount saving
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are keen to find out more then please contact Hayley Valentine on [Click here to apply] alternatively via [Click here to apply]
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.