Admissions Administrator | Administration Department | Customer Service | Farnham, Surrey | Full Time, Permanent | Free Parking, Excellent Benefits
Spire Clare Park are looking for a driven and motivated individual with an administrative background to join their established team as an Admissions Administrator. This is a great opportunity to enhance your administration and customer service experience into a private healthcare environment.
Spire Clare Park is an elective hospital situated in Farnham that has recently been rated as good by the CQC. We offer a range of surgical specialties which includes; Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Cosmetic, Urology, Dermatology and ENT.
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing the reservation process, to ensure outpatient appointments and theatre utilisation are maximised
- Inputting outpatient appointments, and theatre bookings to the hospital’s computer system, ensuring that the data retained on the system is accurate, complete and timely.
- Preparing and distributing patient administration documentation and correspondence, whilst maintaining/updating patient records on SAP (the hospital computer system.
- Dealing effectively with emergency admissions, via relevant departments.
- Collating all in-patient returned documents (registration forms and questionnaires) accurately
- Support and compliance of standardised department process and procedures.
- Face to face liaison with patients and consultants providing information where requested and making appointments.
- Process payments / collect credit card details both over the telephone and face to face, and liaising with insurance companies to pre-authorise patient treatment.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with both private and NHS medical secretaries, GPs, Consultants, patients and patients families and all departments within the hospital, responding to enquiries appropriately
- Ensuring the confidentiality regarding information and disclosures of information relating to patients and users of the hospital in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1984
- Continuously improving both oneself and the team to deliver on the key tasks and objectives identified at positive performance reviews and to attend training events and meetings in order to acquire the knowledge and skills that have been identified as making the post holder particularly successful
- To comply with all Health and Safety at Work regulation including COSHH where applicable, whilst being aware of corporate and local safety policies.
- To work with guidance on moving and handling, as identified in corporate and local policy and discussed at mandatory training sessions. Working in a safe manner using only recognised techniques and equipment identified by the hospitals moving and handling co-ordinator.
Who we're looking for
- Background in being in a customer service role – this is essential that you have this experience.
- Being in a position where you have dealt with administrative duties, using a CRM system.
- Must be IT literate.
- Customer facing environment as well as good telephone manner.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, as well as within a team.
- Preferably an English Language GCSE at least.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Faye Nasser on [ Link removed ]
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it’s their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service
- Data Protection