HCA | Ambulatory Care and Endoscopy Unit | Band 3 dependent on experience | Leeds | Monday-Saturday | 7am – 6pm
Spire Leeds have an exciting opportunity for an Healthcare Assistant in the Ambulatory Care and Endoscopy Unit join a newly merged department (Endoscopy and Ambulatory Services) to help develop services and deputise Endoscopy Manager. We have recently invested 850k on Olympus equipment and redesigning the services.
Spire Leeds Hospital, located in Roundhay, Leeds, has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region’s largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with.
Duties and responsibilities:
Working as part of our theatre team you will be providing a caring support service to our patients. This will include assisting the Nurses during procedures, transporting patients to and from the ward and opening sterile packs. You will ensure instruments are prepared and ready before procedures and assist with the cleanliness and maintenance of the theatres.
Who we're looking for
- Previous experience of working as an HCA (or equivalent) in a clinical environment – wards or theatres
- You will have NVQ Level 3 and Health and Social Care
- Care Competencies completed
- Cannulation experience – not essential but desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in : ECGs, taking blood/blood pressures and patient observations
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sara Malik on 07720095070 or [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Clinical Works
- Passenger Service
- Social Work