Anaesthetic & Recovery Practitioner | Band 5/6 | Permanent | Excellent development opportunities
Spire Washington is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Anaesthetic & Recovery Practitioner to join our high performing Theatre Team. This is your opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading private hospitals and take your career to the next level.
Spire Washington is a 35 in-patient bedded hospital with 10 consultation and 2 treatment rooms based just off junction 63 of the A1 with great commuter links. Our Hospital offers a range of services and facilities including four operating theatres covering specialities including Orthopaedics and Gynaecology and a full Diagnostic suite.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare the operating theatre/anaesthetic room for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum
- Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way
- Run a theatre list without supervision
- Perform anaesthetic duties
Who we're looking for:
- You will be a HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner or an NMC registered Nurse with an Anaesthetic module.
- You will have at least 1 year post-qualifying Anaesthetics & Recovery experience
- Ideally you will have ALS or ILS however training & courses can be offered.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills are key to continue our high standards of patient care.
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free onsite Gym
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Kerry Kean on [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Advanced Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified