Anaesthetic & Recovery Practitioner | Band 5/6 depending on experience | Permanent - Full and Part Time hours available | Excellent development opportunities | Outstanding CQC Rating
Spire Manchester are now recruiting an experienced Theatre Practitioner to join their warm and friendly team.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in a wide range of procedures and excel your career
Up to £4000 joining bonus available for this role. Free onsite parking
Spire Manchester Hospital is a brand new, £65m state-of-the-art healthcare facility offering patients a wide range of integrated surgical, medical and diagnostic services. The rapidly expanding team in Manchester consists of over 500 colleagues, who thrive in the welcoming atmosphere that is friendly, supportive and progressive
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working as part of this friendly and supportive team you can expect to assist patients undergoing a variety of elective procedures including General, Thoracic, Spinal, Neurological, Orthopaedic, Laparoscopic, Ophthalmic, gynaecology and Urology.
- Prepare the operating theatre/anaesthetic room for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum
- Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way
- Run a theatre list without supervision
- You will support in assessing patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient’s needs
- You will actively promote best practice and contribute towards quality improvements, collect collate and organize data, interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, making this available to relevant others
- You will also develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security and infection control, lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices
Who we're looking for:
- You will be a HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner or an NMC registered Nurse with an Anaesthetic module.
- Ideally you will have ALS or ILS however training & courses can be offered.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills are key to continue our high standards of patient care.
- Able to work across a multi-Disciplinary team
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Colleague recognition – Inspire people awards
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Spire Share Save scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidized canteen
- Uniform/clogs provided
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sarah Whittaker at [ Link removed ] or call 07525887973
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Health Care
- Infection Control