You’re being taken to an external site to apply.
As an Anaesthetic Practitioner/Nurse you will ensure that we provide a high quality, cost-effective service to patients and consultant users. All in an environment that puts patients and staff at ease. You will work in our busy and dynamic operating theatre, as part of a multi-disciplinary team setting the benchmark for clinical excellence. You will need to be flexible and keen to support with shared tasks.
We have 5 operating suites covering Cardiac, Orthopaedics, ENT and Ophthalmic, Plastics, General/Vascular, Urology and Gynaecology. And we work with surgeons who are the very best in their field.
What you’ll do
- Provide assistance to the consultants during all surgical procedures whether under local/regional/sedation/general anaesthetic.
- Assist in the positioning and preparation of a patient as directed by the surgical team and ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory.
- Prepare patients for clinical / operative procedures and provide immediate post-operative care.
- Take charge of the clinical area in the absence of an advanced practitioner, ensuring the safety of patients, visitors and staff.
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
What you’ll bring
The successful Anaesthetic Practitioner / Nurse must:
- Hold a relevant ODP / Anaesthetic qualification.
- Be NMC OR HCPC REGISTERED.
- Have post-registration experience within Anaesthetics.
- Have the ability and passion to deliver high standards of care.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, to anyone that needs them.