Theatre Practitioner | Anaesthetic | Band 5 | Sutton | Fully Funded Training Programmes | Full Time
Spire St Anthony’s Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an Anaesthetic Theatre Practitioner to join our experienced and dynamic team, work within safe COVID pathways and benefit from our fully funded training programs and excellent IPC support. We have six operating theatres coving a wide range of specialities and procedure including Ortho, Gynae and Cardio. There is an ITU department providing care and accommodating more complex patients. We have a number of developmental training courses and progression opportunities available for our ambitious employees.
Founded in 1904, Spire St Anthony's Hospital delivers care through skilled and dedicated staff working together. With a completed £27m development investment, we provide very high quality healthcare to patients around Sutton, Epsom, Surrey and South London.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare the operating theatre/anaesthetic room for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum
- Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way
- Run a theatre list without supervision
- Perform anaesthetic duties
Who we're looking for:
- You will be a HCPC registered ODP or an NMC registered Nurse with an Anaesthetic module.
- Ideally you will have ALS or ILS however training & courses can be offered.
- Excellent communication and organisation is key to continue our high standards of patient care.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Elena Tsoneva on 07921 065 874 or email [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Advanced Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified