Theatre Practitioner | Anaesthetic | Band 5 | Full Time | Slough | Fully Funded Training Programmes
Spire Thames Valley Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an Anaesthetic Theatre Practitioner to join our experienced and dynamic team. We have two operating theatres coving a wide range of specialities and procedure. There is an Endoscopy Unit and opportunities to work alongside one of the best consultants in the region. We have a number of developmental training courses and progression opportunities available for our ambitious employees.
Spire Thames Valley located in Slough provides the highest standard of private healthcare to patients from Berkshire and the surrounding areas. The hospital has a full multi-disciplinary medical team onsite. We’re dedicated to providing quality treatment and aftercare. This means ongoing investment in our facilities and introducing new services, so our patients can have up-to-date treatment and care in a clean, comfortable environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare the operating theatre/anaesthetic room for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum
- Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way
- Run a theatre list without supervision
- Perform anaesthetic duties
Who we're looking for:
- You will be a HCPC registered ODP or an NMC registered Nurse with an Anaesthetic module.
- Ideally you will have ALS or ILS however training & courses can be offered.
- Excellent communication and organisation is key to continue our high standards of patient care.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Elena Tsoneva on 07921 065 874 or email [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Advanced Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified