Our Client is a very successful pharmaceutical company. They are now seeking an Analytical Chemist - Pharmaceutical Development. This position is a full-time permanent role and will be based near Hitchin in Hertfordshire.
This role is also suitable for a new graduate or a candidate who is about to graduate
* An opportunity has arisen for an Analytical Chemist to join an existing team of analysts who form the Stability group within the Pharmaceutical Development and Support (PDS) department at our Client site
Key Areas of Responsibility
* The role as an Analytical Chemist will include assisting with the provision of stability data for new product development, and also for the routine ongoing stability monitoring of commercial products
* This will be primarily using analytical techniques such as HPLC and GC but may also include TLC and Titrimetric analyses.
* Software packages such as a Chromatography Data System (Chromeleon), LIMS, Excel and Word for the collection, processing and reporting of data will also be used routinely
* There is also a responsibility to perform general laboratory work and duties as required
Qualifications / Experience
* A degree (or equivalent) in a chemistry related discipline. (Our Client will also consider a new graduate who is about to complete their degree (or equivalent) in a chemistry related discipline
* Relevant experience in an analytical testing role, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment is desirable
* Experience in the techniques of HPLC and GC and experience with Chromatography Data Handling software, LIMS, Excel and Word would be beneficial
* The successful candidate will also need to be highly organised and self-motivated with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
In return our client is offering a competitive basic salary plus comprehensive benefits for the successful Candidate
Please send your C.V to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd