GxP Recruitment invites applications on behalf of our biopharmaceutical client in Wiltshire where an excellent opportunity now exists for an Analytical Method Development Lead on a permanent basis.
You will lead and co-ordinate the activities of analytical scientists to undertake analytical method development projects. You will a scientific lead for a range of methods including chromatography and biological tests eg UV/Vis
The role requires experience of people management and multiple projects, designing and executing programs of work, transferring analytical methods and troubleshooting of established testing.
* To be responsible for line management of staff including scientific management, performance management, supervision, recruitment and training.
* Ensuring that testing and reporting of results, generated from routine analysis, occur in a timely manner.
* To co-ordinate and liaise with relevant staff across the business to support analytical testing of samples.
* To review and check data to ensure accuracy and compliance to processes and procedures within set deadlines.
* To identify, evaluate, adapt and introduce new analytical technologies where appropriate, providing sound scientific study to ensure such technologies are fit for purpose and cost effective.
* To take responsibility for the analytical development work packages as assigned by the Line Manager: design, initiation, monitoring and implementation.
* Co-ordinate and manage project activities across Development functional groups and Production and where appropriate Research teams.
The ideal candidate:
* Degree in Chemistry, Biological Science or similar
* MSc or PhD in similar field as above
* Experience in analytical method development used for pharmaceutical analysus
* Experience of managing projects and staff
* Experience of method evaluation and tech transfer processes
* People management/supervisory experience
* Presenting work to internal and external customers