Job Title of Vacancy:Analytical Scientist (Bioassays)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £25-30,000 dependent on experience
Job Elements: -
* Working on novel drug formulations, the position will involve the use of a broad range of analytical techniques including HPLC, UPLC and SEC/GPC, Mass spectrometry, CD spectroscopy and NMR; coupled with in-vitro bioassays such as antibody-binding & blockade or ELISA assays with colourimetric, fluorescence or luminescence-based end-points.
* Routine use of analytical instruments, including LC, SEC/GPC, MS, CD and in-vitro bioassays to characterise pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical samples
* Set-up & perform new bioassays to characterize structure & function of protein-based biopharmaceuticals
* Report writing and interpretation of data for internal purposes and for external research partners
* Provide clear and frequent communication of results, sample status and equipment readiness
* Health and safety & risk-assessments
* Provide cross-function support when required
The ideal candidate will have:
* Minimum education level: - Degree in Biochemistry or other related subject
* Industrial experience: - Experience in a relevant industrial setting is highly desirable.
* The successful candidate will be familiar and have practical experience of the above techniques.
* Confident in synthesizing, interpreting and reporting raw data.
* Practical experience of preparing and analyzing proteins will be beneficial.
* Familiarity with early stage pharmaceutical development is desirable
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
High Performance Liquid Chromatography