My client is a biotechnology company who are creating and manufacturing specialty chemicals. They are recruiting an Analytical Scientist to join them at their site close to Manchester city centre.
The successful candidate for the Analytical Scientist role will:
• Develop analytical methods for the analysis of biosurfactants as well as analysing product composition
• Carry out analysis using HPLC, MS, GC, FTIR as well as wet chemistry analytical techniques, such as titrations, and solvent extractions.
• Analyse the behaviour of the surfactants both on their own and in formulations.
The ideal candidate for the Analytical Scientist role will have:
• A BSc or equivalent in biotechnology or biosciences or related subject
• Experience in HPLC, MS, GC, FTIR and wet chemistry techniques and solvent extractions
• Previous experience in method development and validation of analytical techniques
• Enthusiasm and ability to think creatively and develop new technology
• Experience of running fermentations
• Knowledge of surfactant behaviour and formulation, in particular phase behaviour.
If this sounds like you then please apply now