Analytical Services Manager (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Salary: Competitive Salary, 33 days Holiday, Life Assurance
Closing Date: 26th April 2019
We are the world leader in food and environmental testing, offering an exciting opportunity as a Analytical Services Manager to join our expanding team based in Wolverhampton and be part of our growing business.
Working hours are Monday - Friday, 9:30 - 5:30pm. A degree of flexibility is required dependent on the needs of the business.
The purpose of the role is to be the key point of technical expertise between our customers, account managers and laboratory operations, and to ensure all testing is in line with current industry best practice and our customer requirements.
A role at Eurofins is all about team work and working towards a common goal to ensure the health and safety of us all.
* To assist and advise on the selection of appropriate tests and coordinate the service between the laboratory and the customer.
* To keep up to date with the range of testing offered by Eurofins, and to advise clients on appropriate testing in consultation with the account managers and operations as appropriate.
* To ensure that quotes and pricing for our customer are accurately set up on our systems, such that we carry out the correct tests required, and invoice these correctly.
* To review quotations for existing customers ensuring we are maximising our offer and making sure requests are fit for customer's needs and technically correct.
* To support the sales team and account managers in the identification of customers' technical needs and recommendation of testing requirements.
* To support the laboratory teams with any technical queries they may have related to our customer testing.
* To be familiar with customer specific requirements and retailer standards.
* To assist the laboratory in applying the best practice and interpretation of results where required.
* To follow up on sample status, reporting and interpretation of results when required.
* To support the laboratories in reporting and communicating results to clients where appropriate.
* To generate client specific technical reports with conclusions at a high level of quality and technical competence.
* Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
* To have an understanding of the online systems and when needed assist IT in the account set-up to meet the needs of the client.
* To support clients on the use of Europortal and other on-line services.
* To maintain a broad working knowledge of current techniques, topics and legislation relating to the technical requirements of the testing we provide.
What We Are Looking For
We look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team who provide "results that matter" in establishing the safety, composition, authenticity and origin of our food and water.
* To operate in line with Eurofins Quality systems with specific reference to retailer standards,reporting, contract review, complaints and non-conformances.
* Proven experience within Microbiology, preferably within food microbiology testing.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to manage own workload effectively.
* Academia within Microbiology, preferably at Degree Level.
Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories with over EUR 3 billion annual sales and over 30,000 employees with a network of 400 laboratories in 42 countries.
Eurofins has a network of 16 sites in the UK and the Group provides an unparalleled range of over 150,000 reliable and validated analytical methods and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer product industries, and to governments.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us.As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations for more information on how we process your data and why please click here
This position will be advertised until close of business 26th April 2019. Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.