A brand new and exciting opportunity for an Application Specialist / Biologist (must have good knowledge of Biology / Cell Culture) to join a Cambridge based spin out organisation. The company is developing cutting edge automated Scientific / Laboratory equipment which is set to revolutionise the market. You will be a key member of the application team responsible for the setting up and demonstrating cell culture and assay protocols to customers using the latest automation platform.
The role requires a strong theoretical and practical grounding in biology, previous experience of working as applications specialist and happy to travel for periods of time. In addition, the individual should be comfortable in learning and working with biology automation equipment. The automation involves liquid handling and processing of labware and consumables, and overall equipment process control.
In return you can expect a fantastic working environment in a close-knit team, excellent career development opportunities, training, very competitive salary and benefits package.
Responsibilities of Application Specialist ( Cell Culture / Biologist )
* Customer-facing, hands-on role, involving travelling to customer sites
* Perform biological demonstrations to qualify equipment
* Setting up and demonstrating cell culture and assay protocols
* Supporting with basic setup/tuning of equipment.
* Customer interaction as well as a proactive approach to solving problems, with support from the factory.
* Assisting remotely with customer support or performing optimisation/qualification of equipment at the factory.
Requirements or Application Specialist ( Cell Culture / Biologist )
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Biological sciences or equivalent discipline
* Experience in performing setting up and demonstrations of cell culture and assay protocols desirable.
* Experience in process control, automation implementation, teaching automated systems and scripting (or programming) desirable.
* Strong problem solving skills with a hands-on approach
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work methodically, logically and precisely
* Ability to manage a varied workload in an efficient manner
* Microsoft office capable (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Job Location: Cambridgeshire (Commutable from: Cambridge, Bedford, Huntingdon, St Neots, Peterborough, , etc)
Salary: £40k - £60k + excellent benefits and career progression opportunities
Complex Problem Solving
Microsoft Power Point