Application Support Professional
Apply now »
Date: Oct 1, 2019
Location: Larne, GB, xxxx
Company: Teva Pharmaceuticals
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
We are currently recruiting an Application Support Professional to join the team in Larne on a Full Time, Permanent Basis to provide user support to laboratory users and applications within the operations and quality functions.
* Support implementation of new solutions, testing, management, troubleshooting, and administration of new and existing systems within Generics and Specialty areas of a Pharmaceutical laboratory environment which include but not limited to Chromatography Data Systems such as Empower, UV-Vis, GCMS etc.
* Support delivery of IT services and coordination with local, regional and global resources on the status of projects, service and support efforts.
* Collaborate with laboratory business, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to support existing processes and technologies. Identify customer requirements; assess impacts to the delivery of applications and other IT functions.
* Perform day-to-day system administration, maintenance & operational tasks for the Lab systems and ensures appropriate service levels are developed and monitored.
* Liaison with IT operational support teams for the peripheral equipment, such as servers, desktops, printers and storage devices.
* Involve in implementation of new releases, upgrades and changes in accordance with Computer Systems Validation (CSV) standards.
* Perform PC/System specification configuration according to vendor requirements, works with IT Operations (ITO) for PC lab build, user group assignment and management, data backup setup and control, test data backup and restore, IQ/OQ test execution and documentation.
* Support with tasks and deliverables related to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases for laboratory computer systems. Ensures that system implementations are in keeping with the relevant FDA / 21 CFR Part 11, GxP guidelines as well as internal policies and processes.
* Ensure compliance with Data Integrity requirements and remediation activities for Laboratory systems.
* Support and execute other site / global IT projects in accordance with project requirements and project timelines, working effectively with local and / or global team(s) to ensure successful deliverables.
* Decommission / retires systems in accordance with site SOPs and Corporate Standards.
* Remotely support other Teva sites across multiple zones as needed.
* Degree qualified - preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Life Sciences or a related field
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience working in a highly regulated pharmaceutical laboratory environment
* Experience working in a team environment and with a multi-disciplinary and global team.
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
* Experience in providing face-to-face and remote end user support to laboratory users and applications in a highly regulated environment within the Pharmaceutical Industry.
* Knowledge and experience of cGMP and its implementation to laboratory instrumentation and laboratory processes.
Teva's Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.
Apply now »