Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) required within Redcar & Cleveland Adult Services. The position is for an initial 3 months ongoing with pay rate of £33.84ph.
Comprehensive care management and formal assessments of people with severe and enduring mental illness who may also have issues of co-morbidity related to the use of alcohol or drugs, other disabilities e.g. learning disability and for people within the Criminal Justice System.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Making application for detention in hospital and overseeing all of the processes that impact on that application e.g. ensuring legality of doctors recommendation, ensuring legality of process;
2. Arranging conveyance to hospital and ensure that the children, animals and property of anyone admitted to hospital are protected
3. Ensuring that responsibilities related to ongoing care arrangements are managed if a decision is made not to recommend detention.
4. Identifying and consulting with Nearest Relative as described in the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended 2007)
5. Laying information before magistrates to allow police to search for and remove people to a place of safety
6. Making application to the County Court for displacement of nearest relatives;
7. To undertake appropriate levels of assessments of need in line with DOH Guidelines and with the departments agreed policies/procedures and guidance.
8. To formulate and design plans to meet the assessed needs of adults, their families and or carers.
9. The preparation of Social Circumstances Reports for the Home Office in relation to conditionally discharged patients
10. To ensure that the needs of carers are assessed in accordance with the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended 2007) Care Act 2014.
11. To offer support to other team members in terms of managing their caseload and to ensure a broad range of skills are available.
• Social Work qualification
• Post graduate award in Mental Health
• HCPC Registration
• valid to hold a warrant as an Approved Mental Health Professional under the Mental Health Act
Benefits of working with us:
• SCS will fund the £9 a week fee via ARCH Umbrella company!
• SCS will pay £150 to any new Qualified Social Workers after 4 weeks in an assignment
• SCS offer £250 for every Qualified Social Worker you refer over to us!(£150 after 6 weeks in the assignment and £100 after completing 12 weeks)
• SCS will offer £150 to Qualified Social Workers sourcing their own job and referring it to the agency!
• SCS will pay up to £250 each year to help with your Continuing Professional Development.
• SCS will pay a "Thank you" bonus to Qualified Social Workers after each 12-month period they complete with SCS.
If you are interested in discussing opportunities we have, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Theo at Service Care Solutions on [Click here to apply]
or email [Click here to apply]
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed!