CK Group are recruiting for an Assay Development Scientist to join the drug discovery team of a cutting edge biotech company at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
Our client has developed a next-generation high throughput screening platform which has the ability to identify hidden or cryptic drug sites in disease-relevant proteins that might be missed using conventional methods of target discovery. The organisation has a number of strategic partnerships and an exciting pipeline of first-in-class drug discovery programmes spanning multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, immuno-oncology, and ageing. The technology is positioned to massively expand the diversity of novel therapeutics for several key diseases of unmet clinical need.
As a key member of the biochemical assay and protein science team you will be responsible for supporting small molecule drug discovery projects. The candidate will utilise their biochemical assay development expertise to implement novel biochemical assays and to use these assays for regular compound screening.
You will be responsible for:
• Developing and executing a wide range of biochemical assays, including HTRF, FP and other fluorescent based assays for compound profiling
• Integrating within different projects to support the broader Assay team
• Presenting results to management and the broader drug discovery team members to help influence and drive our drug discovery projects
• To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous improvement process by identifying opportunities in the workplace where improvements can be made
• MSc. / PhD or equivalent work experience in life sciences with research experience gained in industry
• Biochemical assay development and optimization experience within drug discovery environment
For more information or to apply for this Assay Development Scientist position, please contact Sarah Farrow on (phone number removed) or (url removed)
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential fro this role
- Business Process Improvement
- Clinical Works
- High Throughput Screening