Search Consultancy Ltd is currently looking for an Assistant Care Coordinator to work within Adult Social Cares Assessment and Independence Team for a local authority in the West Midlands area. This position is on a contract basis starting as soon as possible and you will receive regular supervision and management support.
Purpose of the Job:
* To be involved in the Care Management process under the overall responsibility of a Senior Social Worker, Care Manager or Assistant Team Manager.
* To work with vulnerable adults to assess their needs, make appropriate recommendations, and contribute to the development of support plans that enable people to achieve the optimum level of independence.
* To provide a sensitive, responsive and appropriate response to people who use services and their carers.
* To undertake responsive assessments for people in crisis in the community and to assess/review for long term solutions.
* To work in partnership with people who use the services and their carers, respecting their views and promoting participation in decision-making wherever possible.
* To take responsibility for obtaining regular supervision which includes evaluating practice, reflection and career development.
* Demonstrate an understanding of the legal and policy frameworks that inform adult social care practice.
* To communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to maintain records appropriately.
* Maintain confidentiality.
* Undertake assessments and arrange support plans where needs are clearly defined.
* Use information-gathering skills to formulate plans to meet assessed needs consistent with the function of the team, and organise work activities taking into account the need to prioritise tasks and responsibilities.
* Participate in the process of implementation, monitoring, design, costing and review of Support Plans within Divisional guidelines and initiate appropriate actions as required
* Work in partnership with people who use services, their families and a wide range of other stakeholders to ensure the provision of quality innovative services.
* Contribute to the development of community resources and have knowledge of local resources, groups and networks that may contribute to enhanced outcomes for people.
* Operate within the legal framework, departmental policies and procedures.
* Record information in a timely, respectful and accurate manner. Write records and reports for a variety of purposes with language suited to function, and using required information management systems.
* Share information consistently in ways that meet legal, ethical and agency requirements.
* Make recommendations based on assessed need. Make referrals to relevant departments e.g. Telecare, Occupational Therapy.
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw at the Manchester office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age