Assistant Director of Public Health required to deliver and manage a new team of Public Health Specialists within the Midlands area.
This is a REMOTE position (based within the UK) but occasional on-site visits may be required.
Must be registered with GMC, GDC or UKPHR and have extensive public health strategic management experience.
Local authority client in the Midlands area who are looking at strengthening their relationship and partnership within the local area with regards to providing an effective Public Health Service.
* Lead and Manage PH team
* Strengthen partnerships with the NHS and CCG's
* Deputise for the Director of Public Health as required
* Advise on all health matters on behalf of the Local Authority
* Incident Management and Infection Prevention and Control
* Promote public health specialist advice
* Support the CEO and Corporate Directors on PH policies
You must be:
* On the GMC/GDC Specialist Register (Public Health) or the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR)
* If not yet on the specialist register then you must provide evidence of extensive work within the Public Health sector
* Have a thorough understanding of statutory and regulatory frameworks which guide local government and public sector
* Proven strategic leadership as a senior leader
* Lead on transformational change
* Evidence of achieving significant budget savings
* Working with Senior MDT and Stakeholders
* Evidence of Strategic Management and Operational Plans
* Strong Financial Management in LA and Budgets
* Commercial and business acumen, exploring new opportunities in a customer and community focus
* 4-5 Month Agency Contract
* Full Time, 37 hours per Week
* Opportunity to lead a new service
* circa £650/Day (via Umbrella)
* Commencing ASAP
* REMOTE (but you must be based in the UK as occasional visits may be required)
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit