Salary: £75,000 per annum + Relocation package/golden hello
We’re working with a leading private client who is looking for an Associate Specialist Doctor to join their new service in Exeter. The service is a purpose-built facility, providing specialist care for adults with acute mental health needs.
The 24-hour service is designed to support the recovery and rehabilitation of individuals by providing a pathway of care that supports them back to their community.
As an Associate Specialist Doctor, you will have prior experience working in a similar environment, completing specialist training within medicine. You will ensure all service users have a full physical health screen upon admission, this will include a physical examination, ECG and bloods, and you will manage any physical health concerns and continue to analyse their mental health.
You will receive a comprehensive induction at their already operating service local to Exeter. Here you will work alongside a network of healthcare professionals, ensuring you have the necessary training, support and preparation.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to
• Ensuring an adequate handover to colleagues including out of hours.
• Seeking collateral history from other professionals and family.
• Completing discharge letters/reports/s62 forms as required in a timely manner.
• Preparing First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearing reports under the supervision of Consultant.
• Depending on your experience, providing oral evidence at First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearings under the supervision of the Consultant.
• Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities by conducting audits, research and teaching.
• Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that patients always have access to appropriate medical cover.
• Providing prospective cover to other specialty doctors when they are on leave.
Full GMC registration, experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams, to be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists, to have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year, at least 3 years' experience in Psychiatry, experience working as a doctor within similar environment