Community Inpatient Nurse Band 5 / Band 6
BANES Community Hospitals - Paulton / St Martins
AFC 20/21 salary and terms and conditions including an NHS pension
You will receive an additional one-off payment of up to £2,000 as a welcome to our service – a Golden Hello from us, to you!
Are you a registered nurse? Do you have adult clinical skills? Does working in Community Health Services sound appealing?
You will be working as part of the NHS system in BaNES as a Community Inpatient Nurse where we deliver services across Bath and North East Somerset. Our hospitals are based in Paulton and Bath where we provide general medical and stroke rehabilitation for those stepping down form the Acute NHS Trusts; as well as supporting our primary care colleagues with admission avoidance; stepping up from the community.
The role is incredibly rewarding and you will make a real difference to our patients’ lives. You'll be working in a tight-knit team who will support you throughout your work endeavours and push you for success. Team Leaders and Managers are hands-on and approachable on the wards, they will lead yourself and the rest of the team to be innovative and forward-thinking with your approach to nursing.
Bath is a cultural hotspot, full of rural landmarks, eateries and a fantastic high street. Set only 11 miles from Bristol and neighbouring towns/cities - this is a fantastic accessible workplace for candidates all round the BaNES area.
As a registered nurse you will receive AfC 20/21 terms and conditions including NHS pension plus:
- MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream - which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
- A committed Learning and Development team who work closely with Universities and Health Education England to further your potential and support your progression
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Strive for Better networks - a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
- Opportunities to work in different areas and various services to gain new knowledge and experience
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives" event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
Feel the Difference
If you would like to discuss these opportunities further or wish to see the full job descriptions please contact: Morgan Marshall - Recruitment Adviser at [ Email address blocked ]
We partner with the NHS to make a real difference to people in Bath and North East Somerset and we’re building a working environment where colleagues too can really feel the difference. It’s the kind of place where nothing’s too much trouble. Where you’ll feel empowered, listened to, valued and where we’ll support you to bring your best self to work every single day and to deliver high quality care. And that’s just the beginning. Since 2006, we’ve delivered services to millions of people by developing our own unique approach where our patients are at the centre of everything we do.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
We're looking for registered nurses with adult clinical skills and a passion for wanting work in a community setting - a variety of backgrounds would be considered including those from care home backgrounds.