Bank Community Nurse
Band 5 or 6
North Kent Community Nursing Service. (Sittingbourne and Isle of Sheppey)
Are you looking for flexible NHS bank opportunities to fit around your lifestyle? Do you want to decide when and where you work, and where currently 94% of those using our services would recommend us to care for their friend or family? If so, this could be the place for you.
As a Bank Community Nurse, you’ll be working as part of the NHS system in North Kent where we deliver services across Sittingbourne and Isle of Sheppey and local rural locations.
We‘ll offer you:
* An attractive hourly rate of £15.66
* Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 91% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the CQC
* Flexible hours either full time or part time, allowing you to achieve the best work / life balance
* Opportunities to work in different areas and various different services to gain new knowledge and experience
* Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
* Free statutory and mandatory training, as well as access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, continuing your professional development
* Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
* Access to NHS discount and the option to join the NHS pension scheme, free on-site parking, free uniform, access to online pay slips, fully paid induction, free parking, access to information on permanent vacancies as well as extras such as free hot and cold drinks
Right now, we’re looking for Bank Community Nurse’s to join our North Kent Community Nursing Service with a base either at Sittingbourne or Sheppey to help us continue to change things for the better. The community nursing team works across 7 days per week 08.00 – 20.00 so you can find the days and shifts that fit your schedule.
Working closely with our Community Nurses, GP's and other Health care professionals you’ll be responsible for contributing to the holistic assessment, planning delivery and evaluation of care to patients within their own homes. You will be expected to implement, monitor and maintain high standards of care delivery at all times. You’ll care for patients and their families in the way that you believe is best, delivering our high service standards, sharing best practice, and actively improving the way we work.
This is an opportunity to put your NMC/ 1st level registration to great use, you will have the ability to work both independently and also as part of a wider multidisciplinary team. It is expected that you should have strong communication and organisation skills and a flexible approach which will ensure you deliver positive experiences to patients at every stage of their healthcare journey.
You’ll care for patients and their families in the way that you believe is best, delivering our high service standards, sharing best practice, and actively improving the way we work to help us continue to change things for the better. We feel passionate that everyone should feel valued when they come into contact with our organisation, whether that's you, someone we care for or the wider community we operate in.
Feel the Difference
If you are a community nurse with NMC/1ST level registration we’d love to talk to you about having you join the team.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Evaluation Of Care