1. Assess patients’ health and well being across a complex and changing caseload.
2. Assist in the delivery of family centred care to meet the health and wellbeing needs of patients.
3. Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
4. Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others.
5. Promotes best Practise in Health and Safety, security, and safeguarding the welfare of children.
6. Assist in maintaining and developing services.
7. Contribute to quality improvement.
8. Promote people’s equality, diversity and rights.
9. Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.