Duties and responsibilities
- Assess children and young people’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload.
- Assist in the delivery of care to meet the child and families health and wellbeing needs
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others.
- Promotes best practice in health and safety and security.
- Assist in maintaining and developing services.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Promote and be advocate for children and young people’s equality, diversity and rights.
- Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
- Actively promote Family Centred Care
- Ensure all child and young people’s safeguarding needs are assessed and acted on as per local and LSCB policies
Who we're looking for
1. Qualifications and Training
E. Registered Nurse
D Working towards a post registration qualification in a clinical specialism
E Child Protection level 3 training
E Paediatric Resus Training
E Working in teams
E Work with minimum supervision
D Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied paediatric case mixes
D Experience in a caring role
Contract Type: Bank
We offer competitive rates to our bank colleagues who work on a flexible basis, often to cover busy periods, sickness or annual leave.
We are extremely proud of our heritage in private healthcare and of our values as an organisation:
- Driving clinical excellence
- Doing the right thing
- Caring is our passion
- Keeping it simple
- Delivering on our promises
- Succeeding and celebrating together
Our people are our difference; it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.