Embrace a challenging new role full of the opportunities you need to grow your career.
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is our new state-of-the-art, 65 bed mental health facility for adults situated in the new Kent Medical Campus in Maidstone. The hospitalopened inSeptember 2018.
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is purpose built to meet the latest national specifications for improving mental health within a therapeutic environment. The hospitalprovides an important and much-needed service for local patients from Kent.
The hospitalis split into four distinct wards, each offering specialist mental health services:
•Roseacre Ward- Female personality disorder ward
•Kingswood Ward- Male mental health rehabilitation ward
•Saltwood Ward - Male low secure ward
•Bearsted Warda - Specialist PICU
In this role you will:
• Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual patient programs of care with a focus on risk assessment / management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Program Approach are met in a timely manner
• Report any ill health amongst patients and make requests for R.M.O/GP/Professional visits where necessary
• Support empowerment of patients having regard for their dignity rights whilst maintaining professional responsibility for individuals in our care
• Ensure that individual care plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Patient, Relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines
• Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
We are looking for people who:
• Are newly Qualified or an Experienced RNLD with a current Pin Number
• Have experience working with an adult mental health client group
• Have knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983, an understanding of latest nursing practices and are able to deputise in a clinical lead role
• Have the capacity to maintain documentation and undertake audits
Compassionate and focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage and reduce risk whilst helping to empower and support service user independence
In return we will offer you:
Company pension scheme
Free life assurance
A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
Opportunities for CPD, further learning and development
Expert clinical supervision and peer support
We pay 50% of the registration fee with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Are you ready for a new and rewarding opportunity? Please click the link to apply.
Cygnet Healthcare has a clear nursing strategy which has been developed by front line staff. Our clinical care is underpinned by strong values and we have a commitment to reducing restrictive practice.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the [Click here to apply]
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement.
Guidance can be found here [Click here to apply]
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs ([Click here to apply]), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the [Click here to apply] for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.