Behaviour Support Practioner - Norfolk area, salary Competitive, plus car allowance
Main Purpose of the role -
To ensure people we support needs are met and appropriate development plans are in place by providing behaviour support and advice to the Operations Team.
Work closely alongside the support team to conduct functional behaviour assessments and service level assessments, develop positive behaviour support plans that enable therapeutic support to be delivered within the PBS framework. You will be responsible for managing a complex caseload, be able to prioritise and adapt according to the needs of the caseload.
Key deliverables for the role will include:
- Be involved closely in initial assessment and then transition work (often from hospital settings)
- Deliver (where applicable) Safety Intervention and PBS training to the support teams.
- To monitor, evaluate and minimise the use of restrictive practice and physical
intervention within Voyage Care Services.
- Monitor and work towards improving the quality of life of the people we support.
- Coach the support team how to deliver excellent support, using approaches such as Active Support.
- Support the team to develop skills in monitoring and evaluating outcomes, for example using Periodic Service Review methods.
- Work effectively in partnership with local external professionals.
- Work effectively with families to develop supportive working relationships.
- Develop and maintain close links with the Local Authority to engage with their PBS training and support initiatives.
- Attend professional forums and ensure training and expertise is kept up to date.
- Support the development and delivery of training programs designed for staff
- Working both independently demonstrating initiative and also as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Bachelor's degree in Applied Behaviour Analysis or a related field (such as Positive Behaviour Support) with at least two years of applicable experience; or master's degree in applied Behaviour Analysis, or a related field (such as Positive Behaviour Support) with one year of professional experience, or Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Psychology or Equivalent Qualification.
Click Apply …….All applications & CV's are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check for Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
- Applied Psychology
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Positive Behavior Support
- Therapeutic Support Staff