PK education Leeds are working with a group of schools that support young people who demonstrate challenging behaviour and are disengaged with learning. Pupils attending the schools are not able to attend a mainstream setting, often due to permanent exclusion. The schools cater for primary and secondary age students. We are recruiting temporary Behaviour Support Workers (BSW) who are able to work full time and part time, supporting pupils on a 1:2:1 and small group basis.
The schools often run a varied curriculum combining core subjects with specialist additional subjects in areas that the pupils are interested in. Staff at these schools are dedicated to improving the social and emotional well-being of pupils and enriching school life; and we would like to recruit people with the same drive and commitment towards making lives better for young people in Leeds.
Successful candidates will:
* Be Team Teach trained - desirable for these roles, but not essential as we offer regular CPD
* Possess strong behaviour management skills
* Effectively manage groups of young people
* Have experience of working with young people with SEMH conditions
* Be confident and experienced in using a range of de-escalation techniques
PK education can offer you the following benefits:
* Competitive rates of pay of £60 - £75 per day (AWR Compliant)
* Short term and long-term vacancies to your preferences
* Support and feedback from experienced, friendly Consultants
* An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to PK education
If you would like to hear about other West Yorkshire SEMH support jobs please visit our website.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.
Upload your CV (max size 2MB)
What is 9 + 9 Apply for this Job with * Linkedin
Apply Through LinkedIn Apply Now
Job Role General Information
* Location: Leeds * Salary: £60 - 75 per day + Recommend a friend incentive * Date Posted: September 23, 2019 * Closing Date: October 21, 2019 * Start Date: N/A * Contact us if your require more information Contact Us
* De-escalation Behaviour support Emotional well-being Positive role model