Biomedical Scientist | Hospital Laboratory | Band 5 dependent on experience | Impington, Cambridge | Full Time | Up to 4 long days – 8am – 7pm
Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from Cambridgeshire and East Anglia. The Hospital is going through a £10 million refit, which will modernise our 5 Theatres and 44-bedded ward. Also included in the upgrade will be the Imaging and short stay departments, increasing the number of pods to 19. The Endoscopy suite will also be JAG compliant level and there will be an extended 2-bed recovery unit.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Plan, analyse, assess and report pathology investigations
• Plan, monitor and quality assure the application of technology for measuring and monitoring pathology investigations
• Provide and receive complex , sensitive or contentious information
Who we're looking for:
• Degree qualified, HNC Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent which would allow you to be eligible for Associate Membership of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
• Biomedical Scientist with the Health & Care Professions Council
• Supporting the commercial development of pathology services locally
• Experience in a scientific laboratory
• Experience in Haematology is essential
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package, which includes but is not limited to:
• 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
• Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
• ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
• Free Bupa wellness screening
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Penny Lawless at [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications