Are you a reliable, dependable, skilled community pharmacist who is passionate and committed? Do you have a proven track record for providing excellent standards of service and developing relationships with other healthcare professionals? If that sounds like you, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our Pharmacy team.
Pharma Alert 24 is a busy 100 hour pharmacy, well known in the community for excellent patient care professional commitment. Our Pharmacists are responsible for running the pharmacy safely and effectively on a day to day basis. You will be required to provide excellent customer/patient care within professional and legal standards. You will also be required and to work with other health professionals for the best interest of patients and business. We are a friendly and passionate team, delivering high quality care and an invaluable service. Hours of work will include some evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Who are we?
Pharma Alert is a subsidiary of Integrated Care 24 Ltd (IC24) is a major not for profit Social Enterprise providing innovative and wide ranging patient focused primary care services designed to deliver quality and affordability. IC24 is committed to improving access to health and social care for our patients and reducing the demand on secondary care services. IC24 provides services to over 7.2 million patients, including GP led out of hour’s services, NHS 111, primary care and secondary care support services as well as health and justice nursing services.
Location Hastings and Sussex
Hours Available 40 hours per week, other requests considered
What’s in it for you?
- Annual salary of £37,500 to £40,000 per annum
- Additional annual leave above statutory minimum
- Access to 200+ learning opportunities through our learning management system.
- Free 24/7 independent counselling service
- Full on the job training
- Learning and Development Opportunities
If you would like to arrange an informal chat about this vacancy, please email Fran Abrokwa- Frempong on [Click here to apply] .
Due to the nature of this position, employment is subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK, completion of a satisfactory basic or enhanced DBS disclosure and two references.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Deliver an effective, efficient and safe pharmaceutical service within accepted legal and professional requirements adhering to company policies and procedures
- Provide training and induction around medicines management and any matters that arise to other pharmacy team members
- Support the Pharmacy Superintendent (PS) and Service Delivery Manager (SDM) around policy and protocol development and implementation.
Quality Standards and Clinical Governance
- Work with the PS and SDM to ensure all requirements for audit and reporting are managed and adhered to
- Ensure that the service works within the clinical governance structures of IC24/PharmAlert to ensure the highest standards of quality and care, including raising any concerns through the incident reporting policy and support the SDM in case management of incidents
- Develop and maintain robust audit trails for medicines purchased and supplied
- Lead and manage prescription security procedures and work with the SDM to manage any issues
- Ensure all mandatory training is completed and updated with set time scales
- Ensure exceptional standards are in place in line with GPHc guidance and IC24/PharmAlert policies.
- Awareness of local and service budgets and revenue.
- Assist the management team in identifying savings and increased revenue within the locality and help to implement appropriate changes.
- Monitor and control operating expenses under your control in order to maximise the profitability of the pharmacy
- Ensure maximum reimbursement through accurate dispensing, purchasing and endorsing procedures as per company requirements
- Ensure that the range and level of stock is maintained to a level that meets the needs of the business.
Planning Service Development and Performance Management
- Participate in regular performance reviews of pharmacy services
- Actively provide locally commissioned services ensuring all necessary training requirements are met and to claim for the activity in the appropriate and timely manner
- Secure existing business through the use and development of the Repeat Prescription service either through paper or Electronic Prescription Service ( EPS) means
- Work with the PS to Identify new opportunities to grow the business
- Take responsibility and accountability for all KPIs within your remit.
- Be part of a culture within IC24/PharmAlert based on shared values, mutual respect and the care and welfare of patients and staff
- Promote a learning environment, which exploits opportunities to develop innovative approaches to meeting specific needs
- Broaden knowledge of local and national guidance in relation to contracts including local STP’s
- Strive to build excellent working relationships with other IC24/PharmaAlert employees and partners.
- Comply with our Equality and Diversity Policy
- Attend all appropriate local meetings to improve local know ledge and key working relationships when required
- Promote and maintain strong working and customer relationships with key stakeholders.