Building Service Engineer
Closing Date: Monday 09 Sep 2019
Ref Number: BSE/4980/0819
Building Services Engineer
Salary £31,212.00 - £36,414.00
Choice is seeking to appoint a Building Services Engineer (Mechanical) to work across our organisation to deliver enhanced value for money and improved customer service.
The successful candidate will work alongside our Development Team, Consultants and Contractors to make recommendations and deliver improved outcomes for our new homes.
The post holder will also make recommendations for our existing homes, working with colleagues across other Departments such as Assets, Property Services and Energy.
This role is intended to provide support in relation to a number of technologies, which may include domestic and communal heating systems, renewable technologies, heating controls and ventilation systems.
This exciting new role is intended to deliver significant benefits for our Association and our Customers, and would suit an enthusiastic and target driven individual who has proven practical experience of a range of mechanical systems.
* Degree level qualification in a relevant field such as building services, mechanical or electrical engineering AND 3 year's relevant supervisory experience OR An HND qualification in a relevant field, AND 5 year's relevant supervisory experience.
* A demonstrable engineering knowledge of Mechanical Services sufficient to advise others in the installation, maintenance, and operation of services.
* Ability to diagnose building defects and interpret M&E drawings, including domestic heating systems
* Able to work on own initiative and demonstrate a proactive attitude.
* Further relevant qualifications or training, such as Domestic On Construction Energy Assessor (SAP), ABBE Level 3 Domestic Energy Assessment (or equivalent), GAS Safe Registered and Domestic Ventilation System (BPEC) Training.
* Supervisory experience of management of domestic and commercial buildings, over a multi-site portfolio
Benefits include: flexible working hours and contributory pension.
For full person specification and job description, please refer to the application pack which can be accessed below or requested by telephoning: [Click here to apply]
quoting the job reference number.
Completed application forms should be returned by 12 noon, Monday 9th September 2019.
NB: The panel may enhance the criteria in order to facilitate short-listing of the post
"Choice Housing Ireland Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer".
How to Apply
To apply please forward completed application forms to - [Click here to apply]
Choice, HR Department, Leslie Morrell House, 37-41 May Street, Belfast, BT1 4DN