Business Development Manager – Environmental Testing
Location: South England, ideally based in Oxford, Reading, Swindon or Surrey (but open to other areas)
£35K – £45K Basic + £20K OTE Bonus + £5K Car Allowance + Pension + Life Assurance + Benefits
We are currently partnering with an incredibly successful environmental testing company who pride themselves on providing outstanding customer service. Part of a huge group, they are a global business who operate in many countries and, as such, are incredibly well respected in their sector.
A multi-million pound turnover business with multiple laboratories across the UK, they are now looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to drive growth in a new geographical area – covering South England, Wales and Ireland.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Building a new geographical area, with regular travel in South England, and occasionally to Wales and Ireland
* Travelling to customer sites to develop new and nurture existing relationships
* Generating prospects and following up leads
* Creating quotations and converting quotes into new business
* Ensuring the sales budget is achieved
* Forging solid relationships with key decision makers including Directors, Technical Managers, Supply Chain and Procurement
* Handling both technical and commercial enquiries from the customer base
* Identifying and qualifying potential customers and new business opportunities
* Providing marketing information to the management team on competitor’s activity.
The successful Business Development Manager will possess past experience selling analytical testing services (ideally within the environmental sector) and will be confident in engaging with customers at a multitude of levels.
Due to the technical nature of the role, a Chemical degree (or equivalent) is essential as is an understanding of a variety of organic and inorganic analytical test methods in a variety of environmental matrices.
A full driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
* Self-motivated, driven and ambitious
* Able to operate autonomously
* Competent user of Microsoft Office
* Excellent communication skills
* Willingness to travel nationally and occasionally to Ireland.
Keywords: Technical Sales, Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Regional Business Development Manager, Scientific Sales, Business Development, BD, New Business, Business Development Manager, Service Sales, Analytical Testing, Environmental Testing, Environmental Services, HPLC, GC-MS, GC-MS/MS, GC-FID, Organic Testing, Inorganic Testing, Soils, Waters, Chemistry