ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. Within the UK Food laboratories, we test food and water samples from our clients, to ensure food safety and product composition.
About the Position
Reporting into the Sales Manager, Food UK, the main aim of this position is to profitably develop ALS’s business with a designated portfolio of clients and use the role to establish ALS as the clear testing partner of choice. This is a full time position, ideally based at our Rotherham site. However, other locations would be considered.
Main Duties to include:
* Act as the focal point for all communication and everything that happens between ALS and a defined list of clients, the majority of which use Rotherham for their microbiological testing.
* Provide a continual assessment of the key business opportunities and risks and ensure that we have the most appropriate strategy in place at all times to achieve our sales targets.
* Deliver sales against the revenue targets agreed with the Sales Manager.
* Secure new business for ALS by proactively targeting its key competitors in the local area.
* Although the role is predominantly site based, it will include some travel (to visit customers and ALS UK sites) and will also require occasional overnight stays.
* Enhance our reputation and protect our existing business by developing strong client relationships through a mixture of face-to-face meetings and proactive written and verbal communication.
* Offer day to day client support, responding proactively with advice on technical matters, pricing queries and explanation of results.
* Provide leadership & direction in the development of new testing opportunities.
* Work with internal colleagues across the business (Technical, Quality, and Logistics & Finance)
* Ensure our clients pay within agreed terms
* Negotiate pricing and persuade clients to commit themselves to ALS via both trading agreements (Contracts) and SLA’s.
* Generate visit reports and action plans following client meetings and ensure corrective actions are closed out.
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Ability to present to potential clients
* Enthusiastic & friendly disposition
* Ability to persuade and influence others
* Computer literate with good grasp of Microsoft Office & Outlook packages
* Excellent wider IT skills
* Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively
* Good analytical skills; ability to act upon information given and use initiative
* Attention to detail
* Tenacity; determination
* Proven track record of achieving set targets
* Good commercial awareness and negotiating skills
* Technical experience/scientific background (e.g. microbiology, chemistry) preferable
* Some previous experience of working within the food industry (ideally for a service provider) preferable
We are offering a competitive salary + Benefits inclusive of company car + exciting discounts with major high street retailers
Excellent training and the opportunity to join an organisation where progression forms part of its culture