Our Client is a global chemical supplier. They sell a diverse portfolio of chemicals, intermediates, polymers / resins and advanced materials used in a broad range of markets and applications.
They currently have a vacancy for a Regional Business Manager – Industrial Chemicals - CASE (Coatings / Adhesives / Sealants / Elastomers). This position will be part home / part office based in South East England with regular UK & European travel. It is a full-time permanent role.
* To develop new business through effective penetration, technical promotion and service to new and existing customers and develop appropriate business for the company to support the achievement of agreed revenue targets
* To search out, develop, monitor and maintain a growing portfolio / spread of quality customers in the defined territory
* To manage existing relationships with principals, and to secure new ones, to safeguard the overall long term plan. To be proactive in defining the recommended strategy
* To keep abreast of market trends, developments and competitive activities to ensure that the business is progressive
* To manage a pricing strategy, and live pricing policy so that optimal price and margin can be achieved
* To draw up contracts or agreements with customers and principals and obtain authorisation prior to signing the contract or agreement
* To communicate proactively, and effectively, with all departments and functions in the company – finance, logistics, IT, HR, customer service, other businesses
* To be a fully participating member of the management team
* To provide live feedback on the business to the Global Business Manager and Management team, so that they are constantly aware of all opportunities and risks for the business
* To produce all necessary reports, including customer and supplier visit reports, feeding back all business opportunities, clear recommendations and actions, and follow through
* To deliver business in line with agreed budgets, revenue and margin
* To manage the cash flow and currency dynamics as well as avoiding bad debts working with the finance department on all issues
* To deliver in line with agreed personal targets
* To deliver to agreed deadlines
* To provide high level of accuracy in budget and promises
* To provide monthly forecasts of revenue and margin each month end
* To provide a monthly business report, comprising of sales compared with budget, monthly and cumulatively for the year
Qualifications & Experience
* Educated to BSc level (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline
* Able to demonstrate a track record in sustainable sales development in chemicals, intermediates, polymers, resins, monomers etc.
* Knowledge of Trading and Distribution would be advantageous
* Has a desire to travel throughout the UK and Europe on a regular basis and remain in close contact with customers
* Pro-active and energetic
* Results driven
* Lead by example
* High level of communication skills
* Team builder
* Effective decision maker
In return our Client is offering a competitive package including a generous basic salary plus car, bonus & benefits. (Salary is negotiable and dependent on relevant experience).
Please e-mail your C.V to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd