GxP Recruitment invites applications on behalf of our biopharmaceutical client in Grangemouth where an excellent opportunity now exists for an experienced Buyer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Buyer will support the business through the planning and procurement of materials and equipment and liaise with suppliers to identify and resolve any supply risks for the same.
Key duties include:
* Ensure materials required for the manufacture of commercial products are procured in a timely manner.
* Communicate any material delays and work closely with suppliers to expedite supply of delayed materials.
* Provide to key suppliers of long lead time materials, accurate forecasts, and work in collaboration with suppliers to identify strategies to reduce long lead times for materials.
* Identify potential 2nd sources of key materials and work in collaboration with Quality Assurance to vendor assure new suppliers.
* Be the main point of contact for all reject direct material issues raised by Quality Control.
* Process internal orders and issue warehouse picks for commercial products.
* Prepare PO’s for client supplied materials.
* Resolve invoice queries for any direct materials.
* Solve any direct material receipts issues and certificate requests, working closely with suppliers and internal stakeholders as required.
The ideal candidate:
* Previous experience working as a Buyer within a busy manufacturing environment, preferably with a GMP background
* SAP experience is essential
* Good understanding and experience of managing material procurement processes and suppliers