Care Assistant (Days & Nights) - ELM00L5
Care Assistant (Days & Nights)
Elmwood care home, 3 Wetherby Road, Oakwood, Leeds, LS8 2JU
We know that family can come from anywhere. At Bupa Care Homes, it's our privilege to care for people - treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. Right now, we're looking for a caring individual to join our friendly team at Elmwood care home care home in Leeds.
Working hours and salary
£8.21 per hour
What your typical day involves
* Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care. Providing the highest standards of care, you'll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
* Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents and reporting any significant changes
* Supporting at meal times: serving meals and transferring residents to the dining room. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
* Attending planned activities: assisting the team, repositioning, providing care as necessary and taking part in day trips outside the home (day shift only)
* Repositioning residents to ensure they are comfortable and supported
* Admin duties: updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
Who we're looking for
You're someone that cares for others and wants to make a real difference to people's lives. Ideally, you have some experience in a care environment, although this is not as essential, as training is provided. You understand there will be challenging days, but you'll also laugh, have fun and make lasting memories with our residents. A great communicator, you'll enjoy working in a close-knit team that feels like a family, with people from all walks of life. You'll cherish the rewarding moments you have with our residents each and every day.
What's in it for you?
* Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
* Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
* Access to Wagestream - an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
* NEST work place pension and Life assurance
* 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
* Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
* Refer a friend bonus scheme
* Uniform provided
* Smile Everyday+ - a health and well-being package giving access to 24/7 health lines along with access to a Physiotherapist for muscle, joint and bone support
* Retailer discounts, including interest free travel ticket loans, discounted gym membership and discounts on Bupa dental care
* Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We're a big company but no matter what business area you're in, our purpose is simple - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
3 Wetherby Road Oakwood
Leeds LS8 2JU
Salary Amount: 8.21