Care Assistant Bank - Bupa Care HomesWe are looking for Care Assistants to work on the bank. This is a zero hour contract to cover shifts on an ad-hoc basis. If you would like to register your interest in this role, please click 'apply now'.£7.83 + excellent benefitsAston Court, Little Aston, Sutton Coldfield, B74 3BF
If you're passionate about providing the very best care in a residential care home setting, consider a move to Bupa Care Homes. We provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to around 9,000 people in over 140 UK homes. Our aim? To help each and every one of them to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Right now, we're looking for an enthusiastic and committed Care Assistant to join the team at our care home in Sutton Coldfield. Whether providing long or short-term care that includes convalescence, respite and palliative care, our focus is on providing the highest quality service at all times. Is yours? What you'll be doing
What you'll need
- As a Key Worker under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, taking responsibility for the physical and emotional well being and social needs of our residents
- Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals
- Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group
- Helping to maintain accurate records, undertaking ongoing training and getting involved in welcoming and training new staff
- Generally promoting our residents' independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care
What we'll offer you in return
- Ideally some experience in a care environment, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and a willingness to undertake any aspects of care or non-care duties
- A belief in giving your personal best at all times and striving for continuous improvement
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
- Interest free travel ticket loans
- Hot meal provided
- Uniform provided
Know someone else looking for a Career in Care?
When you refer a Care Assistant to us before the end of the year you'll receive a £500 bonus* - and the best part? Your friend will too!
For more information, please visit www.bupa.co.uk Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 9,000 people in over 140 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It's why we inspire and support our carers to put our residents' wellbeing at the heart of everything they do. Choose a career in care.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
*Two instalments of £250 paid after your first shift/6 months service (for both referrer and referee) and will be based on 36 hour contracts and will be pro-rata'd