Care Assistant - Children
Up to £14.80 per hour
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Care Assistants to care for children living with complex care needs in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham, Brundall and the surrounding areas. Take advantage of organised rotas, a free DBS check, a free uniform, pay rates up to £14.80 per hour and free training programs.
We want carers like you to be a part of our team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for children with complex care needs living in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham, Brundall and the surrounding areas.
A Care Assistant works closely with children living with complex care needs and assists them with a variety of daily living activities. You will assist with personal care, feeding and PEG care, medication support, meal preparation, social activities and any additional services required.
We have a new and unique app feature that allows staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts through our HealthForceGo® app. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Develop your skill set!
Newcross Healthcare has a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering topics such as Basic Life Support, End of Life Care, Dementia Care, PEG, Epilepsy and many more.
You could also have the chance to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications in various subjects and levels.
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
* Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
* A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
* You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Newcross gives healthcare staff the opportunity to take advantage of a minimum hours guarantee, rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance to suit you and free training programs earned through credits as you work.
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
* Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
* Permanent flexible contract
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
* Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
* Various discounts in high street retailers nationwide
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call [Click here to apply]
. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.