Providing outstanding care is a rewarding experience, do you want to join us?
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit outstanding and committed
Care Assistants to work day or night shifts providing excellent care and support to our residents living across
Ludlow, Craven Arms and the
Being a Care Assistant
We are looking for Healthcare Assistants who will be able to offer person-centred support to our service users with daily activities. Some of these activities will include: personal care, aiding with clinical requirements, helping patients to eat and to move about,
and looking after the physical comfort of patients.
Night Shifts Opportunity
Our successful applicants will also have the opportunity to work night shifts in a care home of female residents, delivering life-enhancing care that will enable our users to have a dignified and independent living.
You will need to have previous experience caring for others and the ability to manage a home on your own at night.
* Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Flexible full and part time work shifts
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
* Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips easily
* Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated team leader
With the new Flexi Pay feature of our app you will be able to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
Newcross Healthcare also offer excellent free training courses so you can expand your skill set! Every month we deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants.
We also offer
a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ
, with the support of our team and the apprenticeships provider you will gain a lifelong qualification.
* The right to live and work in the UK
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
* At least 3 months previous paid experience working within a care environment in the UK
* Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all previous employment within the past 3 years
* Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
* You will need to have access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later) with internet access to manage your rota and submit your timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a Care Assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
The local branch
Our friendly Shrewsbury branch are based in Global House within Shrewsbury Business Park, which is easily accessible by car and bus.
Start your application today!
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a callIf you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on [Click here to apply]
and our team will be sure to assist you. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.