at Care South
Date Posted: 28/06/2020
Not ready to Apply?
At Care South we have an opportunity for a bank Care Assistant to join us working in areas such as Dorchester and Weymouth. As you will be supporting clients in their homes, for this role a driving licence and access to a vehicle for work is required.
Benefits for the role of bank Care Assistant include:
* £9.25 per hour (£8.90 during your probationary period).
* Weekend and bank holiday enhancements - up to an additional £2.00 per hour and more on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
* Travel time (£8.72 per hour) and mileage (40p per qualifying mile) paid.
* Benefits scheme: Discount in supermarkets and high street stores.
* Company mobile phone, pension, RAC breakdown cover, 'refer a friend scheme' and paid holiday.
* Hours of work can be between 07:00 - 22:00 - weekday and weekend work available.
* Excellent training and development opportunities.
If you want to make a real difference and change someone's life - Care South could help you.
As a bank Care Assistant previous experience is desirable but not essential as all who join us are provided with full training and shadow shifts. Hours can be negotiated, to fit around you and your commitments.
Key duties for our bank Care Assistant include (but may not be limited to):
* Identifying the needs and abilities of our clients and provide personal care and encouragement to them.
* Assisting with meal preparation and domestic services.
* Supporting with shopping trips and other escorted outings.
* Communicating with the office, escalating when required.
* Reflect our HEART values in your day to day work.
As a bank Care Assistant you will have:
* The ability to work independently with support from our office team.
* A determination to provide excellent support and care to our clients.
* A genuine desire to make a positive impact on the lives of our clients.
For any questions regarding our Care Assistant role please contact our local team on [Click here to apply]
Not ready to Apply?
Share With [Click here to apply]
* Employee Type: Permanent
* Location: Dorchester, Dorset
* Experience: Not Specified
* Date Posted: 28/06/2020
Care South is a not-for-profit, caring charity and a leading provider of residential and home care across the south of England. Registered Charity No. 1014697.
Care South has a genuine dedication to helping people get the best out of life and because of that we value our team. We know that it's the care that counts of not only our residents and service users, but that of our employees that makes us a leading provider of home and residential care across the south of England. As a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity, we employ over 1,500 people across our 20 residential and home care locations and our HEART values of Honesty, Excellence, Approach, Respect and Teamwork are fundamental to the way we work, how colleagues are treated, and the care that we provide every day.
You don't just have to be a Care Assistant to work for Care South. We are also looking for a wide range of roles including Chefs, Laundry Assistants and Activities Co-ordinators.
Please take a look at the Working for Care South tab above to find out more about working with us.
>> View All Jobs