We are seeking healthcare professionals just like you to join the Newcross team!
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking to recruit dedicated and reliable Care Assistants to join our team providing the best care and support to our service users living in Edinburgh, Kirkliston, Musselburgh, Longniddry, Garvald, Bruntsfield, Leith, Stockbridge, Costorphine, Liberton and the surrounding areas.
We offer all of our staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and other commitments.
You can also benefit with access to up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day with our innovative Flexi Pay scheme via our HealthForceGo® app
What to expect in the role
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
It is imperative that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each service user that you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
* Salary of up to £12.37 per hour including holiday pay
* Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
* Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
Development at Newcross
This role will give you great opportunities to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
What you'll need to succeed
* The right to live and work in the UK
* SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
* At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role or environment
* Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
* A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to complete one with Newcross
* You will need access to a Smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential