Up to £12.93 per hour
Newcross Healthcare is seeking committed Care Assistants to care for service users living in Basingstoke, Newbury and the surrounding areas. Take advantage of a free uniform, free DBS check, free training programs and pay rates up to £12.93/hr.
We are looking for carers like you to join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Basingstoke, Newbury and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive assistance and support completing a variety of important daily living tasks. You will assist with personal care, clinical needs or requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
Our exclusive app feature enables healthcare staff to access up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
* Salary of up to £12.93 per hour including holiday pay
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Free ongoing training and development
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated team leader
Develop your skill set with a wide variety of free training programs covering a variety of topics and all earned through credits as you work. Topics include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, PEG and many more.
* Flexible full time and part hours covering a variety of weekday, night and weekend shifts
* Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
* Perks at Work scheme giving you access to 30,000 discounts
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
* Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
* A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
* You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our Reading team are located in London Street, close to the town centre. We are just a short distance from Reading train station and also the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on [Click here to apply]
and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.