Are you an experienced Healthcare Assistant, passionate about providing high levels of care and support to older adults with physical conditions or dementia? Are you supportive and compassionate and comfortable dealing with very high-needs patients? If so this sounds like a role for you!
A number of Nursing and Residential Care homes in Carlisle, Cumbria are currently seeking a Healthcare Assistants to work on a rota basis. The Homes are operated and owned by Cumbria County Council. The individual should have great communication skills, and a passion for working with varying physical and mental health conditions.
As a Healthcare Assistant within an nursing home setting you will have PMVA training due to the nature of the work - Randstad are able to provide this if needed.
There are on-going night shifts available within this unit (shifts run either 07.30 - 20.00 or 20.00 - 07.30). Block bookings available for individuals travelling from out of area.
Excellent hourly rates of:
Monday-Friday (days) - £15.00
Monday - Friday (nights) - £20.00
Saturday/Sunday - £20.00
The Healthcare Assistant's typical shift could involve:
* Assisting nursing team with observations of residents.
* Food preparation for supper (i.e. making toast and hot chocolate)
* Assisting with medications
* Supporting patients with getting ready for bed/getting up and ready in the morning.
* Support with personal care where required.
Benefits to the Healthcare Assistant include:
* Ultra-competitive pay
* Working for a committed, supportive and experienced team via Cumbria County Council
* Always a nurse available for additional support.
* Always being on shift with a permanent member of staff who is an expert on the patients they look after
* Up to £300 worth of vouchers when you Refer a Friend to Randstad
To be considered for Healthcare Assistant role, you must
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Experience working with patients who display challenging behaviours.
Randstad Care is a specialist nursing recruitment agency. Our specialist Nursing consultants work with NHS and private sector teams across England. Whether you are looking for an interim or permanent post close to home, or nationally, we are able to assist you with a dedicated point of contact to provide support and guidance.
Do you know a Nurse looking for a new role? If so, we offer a fantastic refer a friend scheme, where you could receive £300 in vouchers for every nurse you refer to us who we place, subject to Ts and Cs.
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss any of the other opportunities we have available please contact the Nursing team on (phone number removed), or click Apply below.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing
Top Secret (Ts Clearance)