CARE/SUPPORT WORKERS NEEDED
Interaction Recruitment are currently respresenting a client for care/support workers for flexible shifts with a client in the Attleborough area.
The position is set within a Children/Adult Learning Disability setting.
Duties to include: promoting independence and individuality, treating people with dignity and respect, showing empathy, understanding and emotionally supporting individuals with their everyday living skills. The role also involves supporting people in the community, empowering them towards achieving their goals and aspirations.
You will need to be reliable, trustworthy flexible and have a can do approach, whilst being caring and compassionate towards your role.
Candidates will need at least 6 months experience, ideally with an NVQ/Diploma in Care.
Have a current Enhanced DBS certificate
Own or access to transport due to location, however this is not essential.
• Safeguard all young people in the estate and support them with their individual needs
• Support and develop the mental and physical health and wellbeing of individuals within the service
• Help improve the standard of living and confidence of every child and young adult
• Integrate into the supportive team
• Liaise with parents, teachers and other professionals with the best interests of the young people in mind
• Enable and support individuals to engage with the education system positively
• Work within the agreed care plans
• Help to promote structure, boundaries and domestic routines; ensuring a pleasant, clean and safe environment for the students in your care
• Undertake direct work with the student, in consultation with and as agreed with other professionals, to improve motor skills, social skills etc.
• To ensure high standards of personal hygiene for each student and support them with personal care needs
• You must have a level of fitness which will allow you to handle certain challenges you may face with the young people
• You must understand some of the difficulties that children on the Autistic Spectrum may present
For further information or to apply please contact: Martin Allen on [Click here to apply] or [Click here to apply]