Care Team Leader Nights
Care Team Leader Nights
West Heath, City and Borough of Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our 'family' at Sanctuary Care, whether that's our staff, residents or family members.
Care Team Leader Nights
Redhill Court Residential Care Home, 77 Nearhill Road, Kings Norton, Birmingham, West Midlands
£10.44 per hour
39 hours per week
Various options available including; days, evenings, nights & alternate weekends Remove if specifically for days/nights
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work don't we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Let's have some fun while we're at work, support each other and work hard as a team. There's loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Redhill Court Residential Care Home for all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can 'feel' the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Redhill Court Residential Care Home is special and we're looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where you'll work
"Redhill Court also has an old fashioned 1940s lounge, with a working terrestrial television box and a record player. Our residents love to pick their favourite records, from Dame Vera Lynn to Elvis. Even occasionally the more modern Backstreet Boys, which is one of our resident's favourite albums to play! Our residents love receiving visitors to the home. One of the highlights of the week is a local childminding group from Kings Norton who come to the home with their pre-school children. Armed with lego and jigsaws, plus their favourite stories, the children come to our care home and spend time with what has become an extended family of grandparents.
Our residents also love trips out to places like the Twycross Zoo in Leicestershire and The Nature Centre in Birmingham. At The Alexandra Theatre in Redditch, they are welcomed along for dementia-friendly performances, which are also wheelchair accessible."
Click here for further information about the home.
Are you our next Care Team Leader? Here's more about the role:
As a Care Team Leader, you will look after the day-to-day needs of our residents, whilst showing compassion, care and commitment to having a positive impact on their lives. You will work with a team of like-minded individuals, all with a desire to ensuring that our residents are comfortable in their home. You will also support Care Assistants in their development.
* First and foremost - we work together as a team to enrich our residents' lives - let's support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
* We give the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
* Leisure and social activities are a really important part of the day - let's get stuck in
* It's very simple - if we can be the best Care Team Leader we can be by being kind and supportive in every way to our residents, their families and our colleagues, then we're all doing a great job.
What skills do I need?
* Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
* Experience in care is an essential requirement and it is essential that you are willing to work towards or are qualified to Level 3 NVQ or equivalent in the relevant area
* Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
* You will also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Care Team Leader you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
* 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
* Life assurance
* CQC performance bonus
* Overtime enhancement
* Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available
* Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
* Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
* Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via 'My Rewards'
* Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member. If you'd like to know more about the role before you apply, please call us for a chat on (phone number removed) and quote Ref:74805
Closing date: 11 June 2020
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Don't miss out, please apply early.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.