Career Opportunities: Asset Care Manager (965)
Req Id 965 - Posted 07/01/2019 - United Kingdom - Bridgwater - Manufacturing
Utilising significant Engineering expertise and organisational skills, you will be responsible for ensuring all assets in your assigned Cell are performing to optimum standards. Setting a positve example and owning your Cell, you will take the lead in identifying opportuntiy for improvement in People, Processes or Assets, coaching and developing the team in order to drive the performance of the assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
* Identify and rectify failure trends on all assets within your Cell
* Apply continuous improvement principles with specific focus on eliminating faults, reducing downtime, minimising revenue spend, improving cycle times, designing out failure modes and maximising the performance and longevity of components.
* Acquire knowledge from OEM's, suppliers, factory engineering managers and other staff members to develop your expertise
* Own and manage relationships with OEM's in order to deliver a balanced scorecard
* Share your specilist knowledge/skills across your Cell, becoming involved in Factory-wide maintenance activities as required
* Conduct gap analysis and lead coaching and up-skilling for managers/engineers/operators/apprentices. Assist with recruitment activities
* Ownership of all Cell engineering KPI's, including MTBF.MTTR.PPM.CCL and Work Order Completion, RCA review and completion. Appropriate visual management to be employed
* Using engineering skills, work with other members of the factory management team to improve performance against SQDCP measures
* Ensure Health&Safety and statutory compliance of all assets within designated Cell
* Reduce variability of plant and processes through downtime and failure mode analysis
* Work with the service team to ensure service compliance is optimised, the asset re-commencing production on time with vertical start-up
* control costs by identifying and implementing cost reduction/revenue improvement opportunities
* Identify support resource required to assist in delivery of performance improvement
* Support the project teams delivering trials and captial expenditure projects in your designated Cell
* Drive cycle time improvements to processes. Work with operational teams and the factory performance manager to reduce change over times, improving cleaning activities and maintenance programmes
* Improve performance of plant and processes by actively seeking out methods to improve MTBF and also MTTR for assets and processes
* Ensure that RCA's are completed to a high standard and reviewed, with progress and outcomes reported to the factory management team, procedural changes being included in area SOP's
* Actively participate in the escalation procedure - call out with correct remuneration
* Involvement in investigations through customer complaints
* Review of spares availability and obsolescence via criticality review
* Using engineering skills be responsible for the elimination of GMP
* The key tasks detailed within this job description are not intended to represent an exhausive list of the duties the job holder may be required to undertake. Refresco UK reserves the right to require the job holder to perform any other task which management may reasonably deem necessary.
* Qualified/competent and possess a minimum of level 3 qualification in a manufacturing related mechanical/electrical discipline, e.g. advance apprenticeship, NVQ 3, Mechanical/Electrical NC/ND C&G Mechanical/Electical and Electronic techincal certificate
* Degree or HND in mechanical engineering or time served HNC/ City and Guild Part 111/FTC in plant engineering
* Significant experience in maintenance management in the process industry such as food, paper, pharmaceuticals and chemical
Experience and Knowledge:-
* General knowledge of process plant operation such as bulk storage, pumping, filtration, mixing, heating, chilling, CIP/SIP and cooling
* General knowledge of process pumps, control valves, heat exchangers, coolers, and pasteurisers
* General knowledge of process piping system and valves-manual and actuated
* Knowledge of pneumatics system for process equipment operation
* Experience of pressure systems regulation (PSSR 2000) and principles of pressure relief
* Knowledge of integrity testing of tanks, vessels and heat exchangers
* Experience process vessels and tanks, agitators and gearboxes etc.
* Knowledge of the principles of automated recipe and batch control system utilising PLC
* Knowledge of process instrument and calibration requirements-pressure, temperature, flow, level and weight
* Experience of steam generation, distribution and utilisation equipment
* Hands on experience of developing preventive and predictive maintenance and critical spares utilising criticality assessment, FMECA/RCM tools.
* Experience of leading root cause analysis (RCA) of major breakdowns and eliminating source of problem.
* Ability to complete breakdown analysis to identify bad actor equipment and developing a plan to restore performance
* Experience of identifying areas of capital investment to improve plant performance
* Experience of managing and controlling maintenance budget